Date: October 22, 2010
Time: 7:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Location: North Carolina Biotechnology Center
The goal of the AgBiotech Industry Roundtable is to strengthen industry/university collaborations and to provide insight to university researchers and business representatives from agriculture/biotechnology companies on how to foster greater innovation and economic development impact.
7:30 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM Opening Remarks
Gwyn Riddick, VP, AgBiotech Initiative, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
8:40 AM R&D Investment and Collaboration Strategies
David Russell, Ph.D., Director of Prospecting, Monsanto Company
Brian Vande Berg, Ph.D., Senior Principal Scientist, Bayer CropScience
9:20 AM Technology Presentations
10:20 AM Coffee Break (Poster Session)
10:40 AM R&D Investment and Collaboration Strategies
Simon Warner, Ph.D., Director, Technology Evaluation, Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc.
Genichi Kakefuda, Ph.D., Sr. Research Project Manager, BASF Plant Science, LLC
11:20 AM Technology Presentations
12:20 PM Closing Remarks
Masahiro Abe, Professor, Director, International Technology Transfer
Terri L. Lomax, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation
North Carolina State University
12:30 PM Lunch Reception (Networking and Poster Session)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Researchers at universities and research institutions
- Managements and researchers at start-ups in AgBiotech related fields in RTP
- Business representatives at international, domestic or local AgBitech companies
(Researchers and Managements)
- Networking with external researchers and business professionals under the same interests
- Enhancing the commercialization potential via partnerships
- Promoting company’s business interests among distinguished research communities in RTP
- Reaching to potential collaboration partners under company’s specific research interests
- commercialization by both parties.